glibc-2.2.1 make problem

Andres Pletch andres.pletch at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jul 26 20:58:01 PDT 2001

I've been all over the place and have yet to find a solution...

Having used the packages and book provided by the LFS, 3.0-pre4, I get stuck
when running the make command during the installing the Glibc in chapter 6.
Here's what I get.

../sysdeps/generic/uname.c:25: config-name.h: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [/usr/src/glibc-build/posix/uname.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/glibc-2.2.1'
make[1]: *** [posix/subdir_lib] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/glibc-2.2.1'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I was unable to find similar problems with the glibc-2.2.1 installation
anywhere on the lfs-discuss archives and so I figured I'd ask. I've gone through the process several times trying to avoid this problem but nothing has worked. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Andres