I have no name and I must scream

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 27 06:43:48 PDT 2001

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 09:31:23AM -0400, Kevan Shea wrote:
> Finally got Glibc compiled but BASH still won't read the login.
> Checked /etc/passwd and it seemed alright.

Does your host distribution (the one you started building from) use
Glibc-2.0? If so you have to copy the libnss files from the host
distribution to the LFS system. Instructions are provided in the book.

> What else should I be checking?  Can I run the test suite for Glibc
> chroot'd or is that gonna bomb?

It will at the moment becuase it requires some programs that aren't
installed yet.

http://search.linuxfromscratch.org is our search engine

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org