glibc-2.2.1 make problem

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 27 09:00:27 PDT 2001

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 02:26:54PM +0000, andres.pletch at att.net wrote:
> I've started the glibc installation from scratch several
> times. Would it make sense to install certain upgraded
> packages onto the initial distribution of Linux, and if
> so, which ones would you suggest?

It won't make a difference because you install Glibc inside chroot which
doesn't use any of your distribution's programs.

Ok, one last time, remove glibc-build, and start the instructions from
scratch, but stop after you have run the ./configure command

I'd like to see the output of configure so i can compare it with the
output I get and see if I can find anything different that may cause it.

If you read the book, you will see that configure is run like:

../glibc-2.2.1/configure \
   --prefix=/usr --enable-add-ons \
   --libexecdir=/usr/bin &&

You should run it as:

../glibc-2.2.1/configure \
   --prefix=/usr --enable-add-ons \
   --libexecdir=/usr/bin | tee configure-output

tee will output both to your screen and the configure-output file. When
it's done, please email that file to this list. If the file is larger
than 50 KB, then compress it with bzip2 before sending.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org