Questions about chaper05 (kernel install).

Capitulino capitulino at terra.com.br
Fri Jul 27 10:49:09 PDT 2001

Hi!

 I have two questions about the chapter05, that
describe the kernel install.

 The first its about the kernel install described
in chapter 05:

 I forget that, the kernel sources must be unpacked
in /usr/src/linux... So, I unpack it on a different
diretory... When i typed this:

 # cp -a ../src/linux/include/linux .

 It don't work, because the kernel sources must br
placed in $LFS/usr/src/linux. And so, i move the sources
to this dir,and the things works.

 I think that is good to put this information in
this chapter, to unpack the kernel sources in:

$LFS/usr/src/

 In the steps to install the kernel, the
chapter says to type this command:

 cp -a ../src/linux/include/linux .

 But in "command explanations", the chaper says:

 cp -R ../src/linux/include/linux .

 What's the correct ?

- Luiz Fernando N. Capitulino

"Nao creio que sejamos parentes proximos, mas se voce
e' capaz de termer de indignacao cada vez que se
comete uma injustica no mundo, entao somos companheiros,
o que e' mais importante."

 Ernesto "Che" Guevara de la Serna

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org