Questions about chaper05 (kernel install).

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 27 14:09:40 PDT 2001

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 05:49:09PM +0000, Capitulino wrote:
>  I think that is good to put this information in
> this chapter, to unpack the kernel sources in:
>
> $LFS/usr/src/

If you read chapter 2, section "How to install the software", you would
have read this:

	When an archive is unpacked, a new directory will be created under
	the current directory (and this book assumes that the archives are
	unpacked under the $LFS/usr/src directory). Please enter that new
	directory before continuing with the installation instructions.
	Again, every time this book is going to install a package, it's up
	to you to unpack the source archive and cd into the newly created
	directory.

>  cp -a ../src/linux/include/linux .
>
>  But in "command explanations", the chaper says:
>

>  cp -R ../src/linux/include/linux .
>
>  What's the correct ?

cp -a is correct. The explanation was fixed a little while ago in the
CVS version of the book. If you in the future have futher questions
whether commands in the book are proper or not, have a look at the CVS
version at http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/view/cvs and check to see if
the error you spotted was already fixed.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org