Questions about the GCC install in ch.06.

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 27 14:11:11 PDT 2001

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 05:57:07PM +0000, Capitulino wrote:
> Hi I again!
>
>  In chapter 06, to install the GCC again in
> LFS system, the chapter says to type this:
>
> # mkdir /usr/src/gcc-build &&
>
>  But, this diretory was created in first install
> of GCC, and the test "&&", will fail. No ?
>
>  I don't type this, and i'm compiling the GCC again
> now. :-)

I suspect you haven't read chapter 2, "How to install the software"
yet:

	After a package has been installed, two things can be done with
	it: either the directory that contains the sources can be deleted,
	or it can be kept. If it is kept, that's fine with me, but if the
	same package is needed again in a later chapter, the directory
	needs to be deleted first before using it again. If this is not
	done, you might end up in trouble because old settings will be
	used (settings that apply to the host system but which don't
	always apply to the LFS system). Doing a simple make clean or
	make distclean does not always guarantee a totally clean
	source tree.

So do remove gcc-build before compiling gcc in chapter 6.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org