Boot of LFS hangs

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 27 14:15:14 PDT 2001

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 11:01:30PM +0200, Martin LORANG wrote:
> It's your original file without changes.

At first glace I don't see anything wrong with it. But there may be
spaces hidden that are hard to spot (and copy&pasting from an email
won't always reveal them).

What you can try is download the bootscripts package from
ftp.linuxfromscratch.org/bootscripts unpack it, and copy the rc file
therein to $LFS/etc/init.d

Lastly, let's have a look at your /etc/inittab file

It should have this entry:
l3:3:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 3

make sure the path is correct there.

Can you also email us your /etc/inittab file? Please as an attachment
this time so I can save it instead of having to copy&paste myself which
may cause the file to be altered.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org