shutdown problem

Fergus Belford fbmail at ozemail.com.au
Sat Jul 28 09:11:43 PDT 2001

Firstly congrats on the new web page - looks really good.

Second, thanks to those who have helped me in the past when I first started
this project - my LFS is up & running very smoothly.

One problem: "shutdown -r (or -h) now" does not work! It drops out to level 6
and then asks for a password.  I used Intel 3 pre-3 as my lfs book and used
the bootscripts exactly as downloaded.  This machine is a stand-alone, no
network, and I shut it down each night.  A simple reboot has a bad effect on
mounted drives!

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Fergus