ghovs ghovs at plex.nl
Sat Jul 28 19:08:24 PDT 2001

Hey,

Somehow, the driver isn't loaded, either because you didn't compile the right
one into the kernel, or because you didn't load the relevant module.

The output of `cat /proc/pci` should tell you what kind of chip is in there
(linux kernel drivers are always much more interested in actual chips used
than in brand names), or otherwise the documentation that goes with the
kernel might contain a reference to Genius cards.

It shouldn't be very difficult at all to find the right driver.

I dare venture it might be a realtek 8139 based card.

rgds,
Peter de Freitas

--
All rights reserved, including, but not limited to, the right to make
terminally stupid choices.
Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org