removing the previously installed system

Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva miguelf at msu.edu
Sat Jul 28 09:00:49 PDT 2001

Hi,

I am looking into installing my linux system from scratch, but I am
unsure some issue I couldn't find clearly explained in the lfs-book.

If I install a system from scratch in a partition such as /mnt/lfs and
make it boot and install sufficient apps to the point I am confortable
using it... can I somehow erase the old partitions dedicated to the
previously installed linux dist and resize the lfs partitions to be my
only OS installed?

Could I copy the /mnt/lfs/usr directory into the /usr directory without
problems (that is when I am decided to dump my old installation of course).

Can I share some of the partitions between the two installed
distributions? For example, /home, /tmp & swap... any others maybe??

Thanks and please let me know if I should post this in another mailing
list ( I am assuming this is the correct one ).

--miguel

PS - needless to say, I am very impressed with the linuxfromscratched
website. I was refered by a friend yesterday and really think this is a
very good effort. Great project!!!

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org