Ethernet Card (Genius GF 100TXRII 'RealTek rtl8139' ) Pleeeeease help

MrGuest at SaudiABM info at saudiabm.com
Sun Jul 29 12:48:01 PDT 2001

Guys I will lose my main from my Ethernet Card

1 - I recompile my kernel and I add realtek but I got the same message :
but I got :
root# ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
SIOCSIFADDR : no such device
eth0: unknown interface: no such device
SIOCSIFNETMASK: no such device
eth0: unknown interface: no such device

2 - I add the following line to /etc/modules.conf
 alias eth0 rtl8139
and then I did run  depmod -ae

but this give me a lot of line ... but nothing!!

Please please help me

Note: I HOW-To in http://www.linuxdoc.org but the ethernet-card-HOW-TO just
tell you how to know the name of your card

Thank You
Ahmad Al-Twajry
           Saudi ABM
"Smart company for Smart People..."