Installing Linux Kernel (CHAPT 5)

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jul 30 16:32:31 PDT 2001

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 04:26:33PM -0700, Chad Simmons wrote:
> In the installation commands it has:
>
> cp -a ../src/linux/include/linux . &&
> mkdir asm &&
> cp -a ../src/linux/include/asm/* asm
>
> Whereas the Command Explainations has:
>
> cp -R ../src/linux/include/linux . and mkdir asm &&
> cp -a ../src/linux/include/asm/* .
>
> Notice that the explaination uses -R for the linux includes whereas the command
> uses -a. Also the cp for the asm dir in the explaination puts the files into
> /usr/include not /usr/include asm

That issue was resolved in the CVS version of the book already. You may
want to consult the current cvs version (linuxfromscratch.org/view/cvs -
or any mirror site www.countrycode.linuxfromscratch.org/view/cvs) to see
if things are fixed already.

We may be aware of some issues already that aren't fixed yet. If so,
they will be in the bug list at http://bugs.linuxfromscratch.org so you
could check that one out too

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org