bash

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jul 31 07:12:09 PDT 2001

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 09:34:40AM +0300, Stefan Cretioiu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I try to compile bash from chap5-bash but I have this error:

> checking host system type... configure: error: can not guess host type:
> you must specify one
>
> What can I do to resolve this problem. I use RH 7.1

Did you install Redhat as a development system?

configure's inability to guess the host type is most often caused by a
missing /usr/bin/cc and a missing /bin/uname (or /usr/bin/uname as it
appears on some systems).

/usr/bin/cc is most often a symlink to /usr/bin/gcc, so make sure you
have gcc installed.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org