gcc compilation: signal 6

joint at beggar.co.uk joint at beggar.co.uk
Tue Jul 31 12:03:30 PDT 2001

No, and I'm doing this on my home PC (the only one I have). I tried recompiling a few times but I still get a signal 6. I once got a 'Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address b21deef4 [..and a bunch of numbers]. So it looks like I get random errors.

I'm using Turbo Linux 6.
Sometimes I get some error mail from PAM about something like pam_init_handlers (sorry, I don't remember the msg). I think that maybe if I disable PAM it will work? How do I do that?

Nice to get a message from you!