merging rc and rcS?

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jul 31 17:01:49 PDT 2001

Do we really need a seperate rc and rcS script? We could treat rcS as
what it is: runlevel S, so calling 'rc S' would run all scripts in
/etc/rcS.d just like 'rc x' would call scripts in /etc/rcx.d (where x is
a number between 0 and 6).

I really cannot remember anymore why once upon a time (back in 1998 when
LFS started) I decided to have a seperate rcS script. Whatever the
reason was at that time, I don't think it was any solid reasoning.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org