about the new COL and WCOL settings

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jul 31 17:33:23 PDT 2001

Hi guys,

The auto detect of COL and WCOL settings works fine, but I believe it
may be better to revert back to the old state.

Why?

If you start with a high vga resolution, then your OK, ATTN and FAILED
message will appear at the far right side of the screen (as expected),
but the text leading up to it (ie: starting blah...) is probably never
long enough to reach that far, so if you have a few ATTN's or FAILED
mixed with OK's then it's just hard to see which line is causing the
status message. With the old setting (COL=70, WCOL=50) this is much
clearer when you run in a higher resolution.

So, I strongly recommend changing back to the old way, but I'd like to
hear comments from you guys first.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org