Glibc make instructions

Adrian Ho aho-lfs-discuss at 03s.net
Tue Jul 31 18:45:59 PDT 2001

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 06:40:42PM -0600, Mike B wrote:
> In the sed commands for Glibc in chapter 6, I think it would make sense to
> change the 'mv' commands used to 'mv-f' commands, that way if someone has
> aliased the 'mv' command to make it save from people, the run doesn't halt
> and wait for confirmation.

I disagree.  A note that 'mv -f' may speed things up if you don't want
prompts would be nice, but as you said, we all need to be saved from
ourselves once in a while, even if we're competent enough to LFS.  8-)

Put it another way: You're either know enough to to use -f (or /bin/mv)
automatically, or you don't, in which case you have a fighting chance to
save yourself from typos that accidentally stomp all over your build-host
environment, for instance.

- Adrian
Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org