rc script priority limitation

J. Jones jjones at darkside.dynup.net
Tue Jul 31 18:53:52 PDT 2001

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 08:39:23PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> I don't think this is a good idea.  If this is done, /bin/ls will list
> the files in a different order from the execution order.  This will
> cause confusion.  Just stick to 3 digits.
>
>  -- Bruce

Removing the priority limit won't affect the order in which glob returns these
files.

I don't agree with glob's behavior on this.  S100foo should not start before
S50bar.  I don't see the difficultly in that.  Sure ls will show you the order
in which glob will spew them back, but we can all count, right?

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org