Glibc make instructions

Richard Lightman richard at reika.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 31 23:17:36 PDT 2001

Misquoted from Gerard Beekmans on 2001/07/31 at 20:45 +0000:
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 06:40:42PM -0600, Mike B wrote:
> > In the sed commands for Glibc in chapter 6, I think it would make sense to
> > change the 'mv' commands used to 'mv-f' commands, that way if someone has
> > aliased the 'mv' command to make it save from people, the run doesn't halt
> > and wait for confirmation.
>
> What do others think of this?

One thing that quickly irritates me is having every command I give
being questioned by a machine.

Three steps to remove problems caused by aliases:
  unalias -a
  enable -n alias
  Compile bash with --disable-alias

If you use aliases because you type slowly, try gtypist from your nearest
GNU mirror.

If you absolutely cannot live without aliases:
  alias rm="rm -rf"
People quickly ignore 'Are you sure?' questions and start typing yes without
thinking. If the system just deleted things when told to, with no hope of
recovery, then you quickly learn to think before pressing enter.

Richard

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org