LFS-3.0-PRE1 is out

Craig M. Reece craigthulu at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 1 09:30:35 PST 2001

On Thursday, March 01, 2001 12:20 pm, Chad Simmons spoke thusly:

> More steps, more explainations and more problems... Lets see..
>
> In chapter 6 :Creating $LFS/root/.bash_profile
>
> -PS1='\u:\w\$ '
> +PS1='root:\w$ '
>
> For a total of no new steps...

Or use a PS1 that doesn't include \u in the first place. My setup is:

I already know who the hell I logged in as. I usually only care about the
Current Working Directory and I hate having my prompt run across half the
screen area.

Also, if you use the \$ bit you get EITHER a $ or a # depending on UID==0 or
not.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org