LFS-3.0-PRE1 is out

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Mar 1 10:14:24 PST 2001

> I already know who the hell I logged in as. I usually only care about the
> Current Working Directory and I hate having my prompt run across half the
> screen area.

>From work experience having the username in the prompt can be beneficial. If
I am doing some maintenance on the mailinglists (process bounces, unsubcribe
bounced addresses, check stats, etc) I do that as user 'listar' (i login as
myself then su to listar). It's handy to know if you're still listar of if
you exit'ed that shell a few hours ago already before I use that shell to do
other things...

so it all comes back to how you use your system

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org