LFS from mulinux...

tristan twem2 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Thu Mar 1 14:07:21 PST 2001

I have a working LFS 2.4.3 on my workstation which is soon to be connected
to a LAN. I'd like to install LFS on a new computer without having to
install a distribution on said machine.

I've been thinking of using mulinux to boot the system and then mounting
the necessary partitions from my workstation over NFS. i've set up
partitions in such a way that / and /usr could be mounted read only.

Is this feasable, or would I be better off sticking a minimal distribution
installation on there instead?

I think trying this would be quite interesting if it is theory possible
:-)

Tristan (of course i need to wait for the cables i've ordered to come in
so i can set up this LAN)

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org