Mystery of glibc-2.2.*

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Mar 2 05:39:05 PST 2001

> Thank you for the kind answer.  Do you mind if I ask you some questions?

No problem

> First of all how was you able to compile glibc with 2.4 kernel-headers?  ;)

The high ego answer: I'm the head LFS guru here, I'm supposed to get
everything working ;o)

Seriously, i just did it.

> Did you use gcc-2.95.2 and binutils-2.10.1?  What optimalization flags did
> you use?  Er yes, on what architecture?

With glibc-2.2.x you need to use gcc-2.95.2.1 else you end up with c++ header
problems (like being unable to compile ncurses). Yes, I'm using
binutils-2.10.1

How I got everything installed? Using the exact commands the lfs-book has. I
didn't use any optimization flags.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org