changing irqs for network

Hendrik Volker Brunn hvb at gmx.net
Sun Mar 4 01:11:37 PST 2001

On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 05:34:16PM +0100, DrJekyll wrote:
> Hi.
> I am trying to install a AVM A1 Fritz (Teledat 150), but the kernel does not use the right irq. I compiled the AVM A1 support directly into the kernel, not as a module. How can i change the irq of the AVM card permanently, so that the kernel uses the right irq during booting???
>
> Thanks

You can pass it at your lilo prompt or with an append line in your lilo.conf:

hisax=5,2,irq,iobase

5 - Type of your isdn interface card 5 = Fritz! Card

2 - Type of your isdn lowlevel protocol 2 = EDSS1

irq - irq of your card

iobase - iobase of your card in hexadecimal notation

So I have this in my lilo.conf:

append="hisax=5,2,5,0x340"

Just put it below an kernel image and rerun lilo.

Hendrik

--
"And I'm right. I'm always right, but in this case I'm just a bit more
right than I usually am" -- Linus Torvald, Sunday Aug 27, 2000.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org