problems compiling kernel

Mario Lassnig mario at lassnig.net
Sun Mar 4 09:33:03 PST 2001

when the automatic way doesn't work, just do it yourself :-)

step one:
there is the kernel image in /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot/bzImage
copy this bzImage to /boot

step two:
copy the file /usr/src/linux/System.map -> /boot

step three:
modify /etc/lilo.conf, so it fits your needs (second entry for the new
kernel)

step four:
run lilo and reboot :-)