LFS-3.0pre1

Chris F.A. Johnson chris at home.com
Sun Mar 4 10:03:58 PST 2001

I have just completed the build of LFS-3.0pre1.

Everything compiled without a hitch, apart from running out of space when
compiling glibc. I had to remove a good deal of the /usr/src/linux tree
to make room in a 750Mb partition (all other sources were deleted as soon
as they were compiled, and the .bz2 files are in a separate partition,
unpacked when needed).

Unfortunately, when I try to boot into it, it hangs:

	Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel.

Then it does nothing.

Any suggestions?
I used gcc 2.95.2.1 and glibc 2.2.1.

I then copied my older kermel (2.4.0-test9) into the new partition and it
booted, but when I tried to login, I got:

	Cannot change tty /dev/tty1: no such file or directory

(I've seen references to this in the list; I'll search the archives.)

	Chris F.A. Johnson	    bq933 at torfree.net
	c.f.a.johnson at home.com	    http://cfaj.freeshell.org
	cfaj at freeshell.org	    http://members.home.net/c.f.a.johnson

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org