Networking problem

Thomas Krennwallner technik at e-moritz.at
Tue Mar 6 00:44:16 PST 2001

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 09:22:53PM -0600, the boisterous Bruce Dubbs <bdubbs at swbell.net> wrote:
> I've almost got my first LFS system up.  My remaining problem is getting the
> network driver to load on boot.  For me, the network interface card drive is
> not being loaded.  If I do a insmod 3c95x manually, the driver is loaded and I
> can go ahead and initialize the network and go from there.

add a line to /etc/modules.conf:
alias eth0 3c95x

then run "depmod -a"

try this with first removing the module and then run "ifconfig eth0 up"

the module should be loaded automatically.

So long
Krenni

--
  ___
_/___\    Thomas Krennwallner <technik at e-moritz dot at>

E. Moritz GmbH
office at e-moritz.at
http://www.e-moritz.at/

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org