Networking problem

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Tue Mar 6 05:59:55 PST 2001

That did not work.  I can put an explict insmod in the boot script and get it
to work and I can do a depmod -a -v and see that the system is scanning 3c95x,
but automatic loading is still not working.

I was reading in a kernel book about kerneld being the agent for loading
modules.  The book talks about Linux 2.0 however.  Neither my LFS or Mandrake
7.0 system has that process.  I'm wondering if it could be a kernel
configuration thing, but I've checked and I can't find anything.

Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks,
  -- Bruce

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org