Bash make error

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Mar 6 12:59:34 PST 2001

> The error I get is identical to that posted by Tijmen
> Stam on Tue Jan 16 2001 - 12:19:44 EST -- but the
> thread never arrived at a solution.  I'm just assuming
> it was so obvious that only a moron couldn't figure it
> out by that point; however, I am that moron.  This
> error occurs after a successful configure (using Book
> options), when I try to make Bash.

What I'd like you to do is create a tarball of your current bash source tree
(don't make any changes to it anymore) by running a  command like
	tar cvfy bash-2.04.tar.bz2 bash-2.04

Email me the tarball. I"ll then try to compile your source tree on my system.
If that works out it means there's probably something wrong with your
distribution somewhere which I will then try to debug further.

Don't email that tarball to this list, it's too big to be accepted. Just send
it to my personal email address.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org