Todo-List , stripping & optimizing

Marc Heerdink marc_heerdink at softhome.net
Tue Mar 6 13:02:47 PST 2001

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001 15:19:17 -0000, Joao clemente wrote [Todo-List , stripping &
optimizing]:
> WHY can't we do optimization to the software installed IN chapter 6 ???
>
> Wou see, If one only takes care about optimization AFTER lfs-build is
> complete, glibc, gcc, etc , will never be compiled with optimizations!
> (I think what I am saying makes sese, doesn't it?)

It has been there until LFS 2.4.4. It was removed because the optimization part
caused many people only more headaches, because its not really easy to explain.
An LFS system is much more stable without optimization, so this is the way we
go. But anyone who read the hint can use this knowledge in the next LFS build...

- L. Flon

Marc Heerdink
marc_heerdink at softhome.net
http://www.koelkast.net/