keymap

Sean Burlington sean at tincan.co.uk
Tue Mar 6 13:58:18 PST 2001

Hi all,
	well thanks for all the help I now have a working LFS system :-) (still
plenty to do though - not got external networking up yet)

One wierd thing though was that I ended up with a US keymap (not helpfull)

it seems that /usr/bin/loadkeys -d is loading
   /usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwerty/defkeymap.kmap.gz

so the link I set up as per the books instructions in
/usr/share/keymaps/ wasn't doing much good

creating a new link
/usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwerty/defkeymap.kmap.gz ->
/usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwerty/uk.kmap.gz

semms to have sorted the problem out, but I was wondering why it
happened in the first place - and I still have a wierd problem where the
£ (GBP) key causes a # (hash) followed by a return.

--

Sean

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org