Best rescue system.

J. E. Garrott Sr johnga at primenet.com
Tue Mar 6 14:23:59 PST 2001

arthur at linuxbox.nu wrote:

> Has anybody had any luck with any rescue systems out there?  I would
> assume once you have the system built, you could can the different tree's
> (I will be doing /, /usr/X11R6, /usr/kde-2.1, and /usr/local in four
> tarballs).  Worse case scenario, I may have to reinstall from a bare
> drive, and rebuilding in the interests of time might not be an option!
>
> Arthur H. Johnson II
> The Linux Box
> http://www.linuxbox.nu
> arthur at linuxbox.nu
>
> --

I've had good luck with yard.
http://www.croftj.net/~fawcett/yard/

It's a fair amount of work, but will give you
a rescue disk setup tailored to your needs.
I haven't actually tried it under LFS yet. The
rescue set I made for Slackware still works fine.

If you want something ready made, the Tom's
Rescue disk comes to mind.  It worked fine the
one time I used it.  Still have the disk
------- somewhere.
http://www.toms.net/rb/

There are links to a bunch of other rescue
stuff here also.

Good luck,

John

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org