keymap

Sean Burlington sean at tincan.co.uk
Tue Mar 6 14:59:25 PST 2001

Marc Heerdink wrote:

> On Tue, 06 Mar 2001 21:58:18 +0000, Sean Burlington wrote [keymap]:
>
>> so the link I set up as per the books instructions in
>> /usr/share/keymaps/ wasn't doing much good
>>
>> creating a new link
>> /usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwerty/defkeymap.kmap.gz ->
>> /usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwerty/uk.kmap.gz
>>
>> semms to have sorted the problem out, but I was wondering why it
>> happened in the first place
>
> /me finds this very strange and amusing... didn't you link
> /usr/share/keymaps/defkeymap.kmap.gz by accident to
> /usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwerty/defkeymap.gz?

well I figure it must be something like that but the link is

defkeymap.kmap.gz -> i386/qwerty/uk.kmap.gz
(in /usr/share/keymaps/ )

it's not that important but I'd kind of like to tidy it up
at startup I get the message (from memory)

this stikes me as odd as I was expecting

>> and I still have a wierd problem where the
>> £ (GBP) key causes a # (hash) followed by a return.
>
> Try other console fonts. The default ISO 8859-1 font may not support the GBP
> sign..
Thanks - I will look into more fonts :-)

--

Sean

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org