Update on boot problem: Half fixed

Joao clemente jpcl at rnl.ist.utl.pt
Tue Mar 6 19:17:34 PST 2001

Well, I've looked back in the mailing list and found someone with similar
problem :

I had pasted from Konqueror to the /etc/inittab and somehow I've got the
file without white spaces...
So I had
agetttytty19600 instead of agetty tty 19600...

Still, I couldn't run rcS and rc scripts...
I found out that that was because I coupied all the files from a archive
file I had unoacked win Windows , and so I got the traditional "/M" garbage
chars...

After that , I still can't boot :

INIT : Entering Runlevel : 3
Starting system log deamon : syslogd : network logging disabled
(syslogd/udp service unknown)

Joao Clemente   >> jpcl at rnl.ist.utl.pt <<
Everything is bad if you're misprepared...

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org