Distro's friendly to LFS's (was Re: sh-utils)

Dan Garthwaite DANIEL.P.GARTHWAITE at saic.com
Wed Mar 7 11:05:06 PST 2001

I'm compiling right now with a very slim slackware-current install.  slim ==
only the 'a','d', and 'n' series of packages.  NOTE: slackware-current is a
far far cry from slackware's release version, it's a glibc-2.2.x and
gcc-2.95.2 system.

...it did take some greasework, but I'm chugging along in chroot() right
now.  Actually, I just looked at the list of what IS installed on my base
distro, and it is distressingly large...  A good choice if you want a
minimum build environment.

       -dan