Idea for a new appendix

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Mar 7 17:11:47 PST 2001

> +1 - so long as there is a note on a package's page informing readers
> about the existance of an appendix entry (or a link to it).

A link would do. I'm still considering removing the package descriptions from
the installation instructions and just keep them in appendix a, with a link
on every installation instruction page. Every package could look like the
following:

Installing Bash

Installation of Bash

Package description (this will be a link to the proper page in appendix a)
Known problems (this will be a link to the proper page in appendix d)

Install Bash by running the following commands:

./configure --enable-static-link --prefix=$LFS/usr \
	--bindir=$LFS/bin --disable-nls --with-curses &&
make &&
make install &&
cd $LFS/bin &&
ln -s bash sh

---

Or, the links could be put under the installation instructions, which may
make more sense (one would install, then during the installation s/he could
read about the descriptions and if the installation fails s/he can use the
known problems links). I'll try both out and just see which one looks best
layout-wise.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org