Distro's friendly to LFS's (was Re: sh-utils)

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Mar 7 18:44:14 PST 2001

On March  7, 2001 08:37 pm, Seth W. Klein wrote:
> Sanjuro Europa wrote:
> > At 12:05 07-03-2001 -0500, you wrote:
> > >I have only done Debian potato so far, but what distro's are "LFS"
> > >friendly?  What are "LFS" hostile?
> >
> > Redhat 7.0 is certainly hostile.
> >
> > Redhat 6.2 works fine.
>
> This is answered in the FAQ. Please do not answer such questions
> on the list but instead link to the correct answer which is at
> http://members.mint.net/sklein/lfs/lfs-faq.html#what-dist

I have a comment on it, you can scrap the Debian problem. I've investigated
it in great detail today and the problem with install-info is not as 'severe'
as thought.

The error is as follows:
install-info: unknown option `--dir=/mnt/lfs/usr/info/dir'
blah
blah
Error 2 (ignored)

'make install' does not fail due to this error. You don't have properly
installed info pages at this moment, but when you reinstall bash later in
chap6 that's fixed. The important matter is that 'make install' copies the
bash binary to $LFS/usr/bin just fine.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org