Idea for a new appendix

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Mar 7 18:47:39 PST 2001

> If i see a link that says "Known Problems" i'm going to wonder
> if any of those could bother me and have to check each time. Much
> friendlier would be a link saying "Problems with Redhat 7.x"
> or "Problems with GLIBC 2.0.x" as appropriate.

If that were to be done it would say 'glibc 2.0' and not 'debian 2.1' since
the problems, with for example, gzip are not related to just debian, but to
any glibc-2.0 based system (even lfs systems so it's not that it's due to
patched up Glibc libraries). Then there's this to be said: what if you don't
know (for sure) which Glibc version you have on your distribution. It will
still make you wonder ;)

But yes it probably would save people time by reading 'known problems' before
attempting to compile something.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org