Distro's friendly to LFS's (was Re: sh-utils)

Chris F.A. Johnson chris at home.com
Wed Mar 7 20:00:47 PST 2001

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> 'make install' does not fail due to this error. You don't have properly
> installed info pages at this moment, but when you reinstall bash later in
> chap6 that's fixed. The important matter is that 'make install' copies the
> bash binary to $LFS/usr/bin just fine.

There was one package (was this it?) which stopped during make because it
was looking for part of itself to be already installed.

I did a "make install" and (I think) repeated "make && make install" and
all was well.

	Chris F.A. Johnson	    bq933 at torfree.net
	c.f.a.johnson at home.com	    http://cfaj.freeshell.org
	cfaj at freeshell.org	    http://members.home.net/c.f.a.johnson