Autoloading of Modules, the Debian way.

Brett generica at email.com
Wed Mar 7 21:23:16 PST 2001

So ?

How is compiling them all in any different, if you are still loading them
_all_ at boot with your script ?  I repeat, this is not the way modules
are meant to work.  If you configure kmod properly, you can still have all
your possible peripherals compiled as modules, and it will automatically
load them for you as needed.  This will save you resources.  There is
_utterly_ no point for you to load all modules by hand at boot.

	/ Brett