Quick note about rescue systems.

Vincent de Lau vincent at XIII.com
Fri Mar 9 02:35:52 PST 2001

Now add an installler and we have our own personal distro!

But seriously: I'm looking for a way to install serveral servers without having to compile anything on them. (eg. no build environment on the server). This seems half the work, now I need a way to grab the required stuff from the build system without just typing "tar czf mylfs.tgz /"

Vincent de Lau
 Systeembeheerder, The Thirteenth Production
 http://www.XIII.com/
 mailto:vincent at XIII.com
 ICQ# 107186295

-----Original Message-----
From:	arthur at linuxbox.nu [SMTP:arthur at linuxbox.nu]
Sent:	Thursday, March 08, 2001 9:56 PM
To:	lfs-discuss at linuxfromscratch.org
Subject:	Quick note about rescue systems.

Just a quick note to say that I actually built an LFS on one machine,
backed it up to a CD-R, used Toms Root Boot to format the new partition,
uncompressed/untarred it onto the new system, and edited /etc/fstab and
/etc/lilo.conf and that was it.  I had a fully working LFS from a CD.
No system degredation, and the system works perfectly.  Thanks to Tom's
Root Boot!  (it comes with an El Torito image as well for making bootable
cdroms).

Arthur H. Johnson II
Systems Engineer
The Linux Box