LFS-3.0-pre1

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Mar 9 05:48:16 PST 2001

> Btw... will lfs-3.0 be released with glibc-2.2.1 or 2.2.2? I have read
> (here in list) that some people have had problems with 2.2.2
> (compiling?)... mine worked just fine last night when i finished building
> the system.

I'm not sure yet. What I also have heard is that some older software doesn't
compile against 2.2.2 but does compile against 2.2.1 which is simply due to
the fact that glibc-2.2.2 finally changes some old header definitions to stay
compatible with older software (vixie cron is one of those presumed to fail
packages). And it's not really LFS' problem I think. That software should
then be updated or use newer software. But glibc-2.2.2 seemed to have other
problems as well; problems compiling and so. I'm still waiting for more test
results from you guys and I will start trying it out one day.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org