mawk/gawk (revisited)

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Mar 9 06:04:37 PST 2001

On March  9, 2001 09:03 am, Sander Striker wrote:
> Anyone tried gawk these days?
> I noticed in the archive that gawk was tried in july 2000,
> but has it been tried recently? Has anyone ever contacted
> the maintainers of gawk (or the other offendind packages)
> to point out the problem?

Since gawk has been causing so many problems in the last years I just gave up
on it. Mawk has been faithful all along so I'm trusting that package. I don't
see a reason to start using gawk really (as there's no benefit to gain from
switching to gawk, well unless you care that it's GNU software).

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org