mawk/gawk (revisited)

Thomas Krennwallner technik at e-moritz.at
Fri Mar 9 06:24:05 PST 2001

Hi!

Please excuse my question (if someone finds it annoying), but why is gawk
skipped instead of mawk. Can anyone tell me the difference? I'm not that big
awk-man but I use it sometimes. Well and on my lfs, I'm using gawk, because I
don't see any differences between them (and he, its gnu).

So long
Thomas

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 03:03:36PM +0100, the boisterous Sander Striker <s.striker at striker.nl> wrote:
> Anyone tried gawk these days?
> I noticed in the archive that gawk was tried in july 2000,
> but has it been tried recently? Has anyone ever contacted
> the maintainers of gawk (or the other offendind packages)
> to point out the problem?
>
> Sander
>

> --

  ___
_/___\    Thomas Krennwallner <technik at e-moritz dot at>
 ( ^ >    Fingerprint: 7B58 6ED2 676F 75D8 4DD1  5A83 DC68 E62F 85F3 D58F
 /   \    Phone: +43 2252 810810 18
(__\/_)_

E. Moritz GmbH
office at e-moritz.at