Still trying to boot ... ethernet problems :

Joao clemente jpcl at rnl.ist.utl.pt
Fri Mar 9 13:12:24 PST 2001

Hello again.
(Almost giving up setting LFS... and almost in the end ... :((((( sniff
sniff ... But I'm getting so fed up with this "reboot and more reboot"
thing...)

Well, here goes my problem :

First of all , I've got some messages from kernel :
Bringing up the loopback interface :
  Cant locate module net-pf-4
  Cant locate module net-pf-5
  Cant locate module net-pf-9
  Cant locate module net-pf-4
  Cant locate module net-pf-5
  Cant locate module net-pf-9
Bringing up eth0 interface : SIOCSIFADDR : No such device
Some more errors related to eth0 failure ...

...... What should I do?
(My kernel version is 2.4.1 (havent had the time to download 2.4.2 yet, I
think I'll wait a few days and get 2.4.3))

I tried to boot to my old kernel version (2.2.16) that I installed in LFS as
said somewhere in chapter (??) I think that it is when we copy lilo (??),
but after a lot of warnings (something related about failed dependecies??)
it finishes with the same "Bringing up eth0" error...

One final touhgt I had was that maybe I was missing something like a
"/dev/eth0" ?
Haven't checked it yet...
Any help?

Thanx.