Circumstances that may affect LFS' future slightly

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Fri Mar 9 14:43:29 PST 2001

Yo,

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 04:58:49PM -0500, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> Even then it's impossible to completely eliminate double work, but that's the
> price one pays in this regard. Example: you and i both decide to pick the
> same item from the TODO list at the same time, work on it, then commit. Say
> I'm first to commit, then you commit yourself overwriting my changes. Unless
> CVS has a way to detect that the file you were editing isn't the most current
> in CVS anymore and could warn you that you should update first before
> comitting...that I want to test out for myself first, so that's why I want to
> have people simply email me the changes first. This gives me some time
> tonight and tomorrow to properly test things like I should have done months
> ago but it just slipped my mind completely. My fault, yes I admit and you can
> all scold me for it too. Have fun at it too eh?

Standard practise with CVS is todo a 'cvs update' before you commit
*anything*, which makes sure someone hasn't allready done the work,
allthough in that regards, with proper communication between developers
usually you don't end up doing double work.

Anyways, check out two repositories and play around with them, you will
see what i mean :)

Sorry to hear the bad news, allthough don't get your hopes down.. =)

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org