Still trying to boot ... ethernet problems :

Jack Detrick vze24938 at verizon.net
Fri Mar 9 16:33:29 PST 2001

Joao clemente wrote:

> Hello again.
> (Almost giving up setting LFS... and almost in the end ... :((((( sniff
> sniff ... But I'm getting so fed up with this "reboot and more reboot"
> thing...)

Oh, dude, don't give up on it!

> Well, here goes my problem :
>
> First of all , I've got some messages from kernel :
> Bringing up the loopback interface :
>   Cant locate module net-pf-4
>   Cant locate module net-pf-5
>   Cant locate module net-pf-9
>   Cant locate module net-pf-4
>   Cant locate module net-pf-5
>   Cant locate module net-pf-9

Kay, can't speak for 4 and 5, but I know that if you put "alias net-pf-9
off" in /etc/modules.conf, you won't see that particular "can't locate"
message.  I think 9 has to do with IPX, I don't recall what 4 and 5 are
for.  This has been addressed before though, search the mailing list
archives for net-pf-4, net-pf-5, and net-pf-9 and see what you come up
with.  Dunno about your NIC, did you compile support for it into the
kernel?

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org