MAKEDEV not installing /dev/hdcx

Michel STEMPIN mstempin at com1.fr
Mon Mar 12 02:54:25 PST 2001

I am using a RedHat 7.0 for building.

When running /sbin/lilo, I got some errors. I figured out that I need to
copy some files from the original (RedHat) /boot directory that are
mentioned in the /etc/lilo.conf.

But still, I have an error "/dev/hdc1: Not a number" (this is the original
root partition of my RedHat). I checked at the sources, and found the
problem is coming from MAKEDEV, which is not creating /dev/hdcx devices.

Anyone knows how to do that simply?

--
Michel Stempin
MIS