Multiple kernel installs

Kris Kelley kkelley at genericapp.com
Mon Mar 12 13:04:14 PST 2001

Jack Detrick wrote:
> > > However, if you want to compile the
> > > same kernel version with different module options and have those
modules
> > > stored in different directories, you do have to do a tiny bit of
> > > editing...

I replied:
> > This is exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks!

Fabio Fracassi pondered:
> Hm, could you tell me what exactly you want that for?

Education.

The first time I went through the LFS book, I didn't pay too close attention
to the kernel configuration.  Now I'm recompiling the kernel, this time
making sure I know what all the configuration options mean.  I want to keep
the two compiles separate, just in case I screw something up the second
time.

---Kris Kelley

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org