Multiple kernel installs

Fabio Fracassi f.fracassi at gmx.net
Mon Mar 12 13:57:22 PST 2001

On Monday 12 March 2001 16:49, Kris Kelley wrote:
> Jack Detrick wrote:
> > If you're just going to be compiling, say, kernel 2.4.0, 2.4.1, and
> > 2.4.3 and whatnot, the modules for each kernel will be located in their
> > own directory under lib/modules, based on the kernel version
> > (/lib/modules/2.4.0, and so on).
>
> Yeah, I discovered that shortly after I posted my question.  However, I'm
> really looking for what you described next: same kernel version, different
> set of modules.
>
> > However, if you want to compile the
> > same kernel version with different module options and have those modules
> > stored in different directories, you do have to do a tiny bit of
> > editing...
>
> This is exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks!

Hm, could you tell me what exactly you want that for?
If you are not doing some Kernel hacking,
where you need more than one version of the SAME module
it is not nessesary to have different module directorys. You can control
which modules get autoloaded or not, over /etc/modules.conf.

Just Wondering
Fabio

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org